Advantages and disadvantages of Drive-in racking (entry-through shelves, through-passage, hallway shelves)
Introduction to Drive-in Shelves:
There are many names for drive-in racking, commonly used are through shelves, hallway shelves and straight-in shelves. Its biggest features is that it can improve the picking rate, save storage space and make full use of the space available in the warehouse.
The advantages of drive-in shelves:
In addition to improving the utilization of warehouses, the drive-in rack has many advantages:
1. The warehouse has a high utilization rate, so no need to leave special channels for the forklift in this drive-in racking system;
2. Due to the fact that different positions can be arranged on both sides of each channel, more inventory locations can be arranged;
3. Can adapt to various types of cargo, can adjust the beam height according to the size requirements of the goods, to meet the different storage size requirements;
4. The overall shelf structure has good strength;
5. The cost of unit space is low.
The disadvantages and application of the drive-in racks :
Although there are many advantages for the drive-in shelving, things are double-sided, and there are certain deficiencies in the shelves:
1. Drive-in racking system is suitable for the access of bulk goods. But it’s better the goods with high first-in-first-out requirements, small batches and many varieties are not suitable.
2. There are restrictions on the choice of forklifts. Generally, the width of the forklift is required to be small and the vertical stability of the walk is better.
The advantages and disadvantages of the integrated drive-in shelf are generally applicable to this shelf:
1. The investment cost of drive-in shelving is relatively low. It is applicable to situations where the lateral size is large, the variety is small, the quantity is large, and the cargo access mode can be predetermined. It is commonly used to store large quantities of the same type of goods;
2. Due to its high storage density and high utilization of ground space, it is often used in places where storage space such as cold storage is expensive.
Kingmore Racking is a modern enterprise which incorporates product development, design, production, sales and service. We continue to introduce advanced foreign technology and design concept, and constantly improve all-round integrated services capabilities, such as overall planning of storage system, design of experiments, profiles rolling, sectional material rolling, surface spraying, installation and debugging.
Our products includes: Pallet rack (beam rack), Drive-in rack, Radio shuttle rack, Push back rack, Cantilever rack, Mezzanine, Steel platform, Live rack, Carton flow rack, Medium duty shelving, Light duty shelving, Drawer rack, Movable archive shelving, Work apparatus etc.
We have passed ISO9001:2008 certificated in 2012, CE certificated in 2014, and all of our products comply with AS4084-2012 standard, American RMI standard and FEM standard.