The role and function of shelves are as follows:
(1) The shelf is a shelf-type structure, which can make full use of the space of the warehouse, increase the utilization of storage capacity, and expand the storage capacity of the warehouse.
(2) The goods stored in the shelves are not squeezed with each other, and the loss of materials is small, which can fully guarantee the function of the asset capital and reduce the loss of goods.
(3) The goods in the shelf are easy to access, convenient for inventory and measurement, and can be first-in, first-out.
(4) To ensure the quality of stored goods, measures such as moisture-proof, dust-proof, anti-theft, and anti-damage measures can be taken to improve the quality of material storage.
(5) The structure and functions of many new types of shelves are conducive to the realization of mechanization and automated management of warehouses.
The role and function of shelves. Shelves play an important role in modern logistics activities. The modernization of warehouse management has a direct relationship with the types and functions of shelves.